Let your students retell four classic Aesop’s Fables with these printable Aesop’s Fables Mad Libs Worksheets. Instead of the Ant and the Grasshopper, why not the Squirrel and the Deer? Instead of the Lion and the Mouse, why not the Tiger and the Rat? The challenge in this activity is to be creative within the parameters of the story, so that the finished creation is original and still makes sense.
1. The Ant and the Grasshopper Mad Libs
2. The Tortoise and the Hare Mad Libs
3. The Lion and the Mouse Mad Libs
4. The Goose and the Golden Eggs Mad Libs
5. Blank decorative border – Students can draw a scene from their own fable.
6. Bonus: The Tortoise and the Hare Dot-to-Dot
7. The Tortoise and the Hare Dot-to-Dot answer key
8. The Ant and the Grasshopper – Original Fable
9. The Tortoise and the Hare – Original Fable
10. The Lion and the Mouse – Original Fable
11. The Goose and the Golden Eggs – Original Fable
Page sizes: 7.5″x10″ for easy printing on letter-sized paper. PDF format.