If you need to do some precise measuring but don’t have a ruler on hand, download this printable millimeter ruler PDF. I’ve included 2 versions of the ruler on this page: color and black and white.
To download, click one of the millimeter ruler images below. The PDF will open in your browser. Save it to your computer or send it to your printer. When printing, don’t select the option, “Scale to Fit.” If you do, your ruler won’t be to scale.
If you wish to make a durable ruler, I suggest printing on cardstock paper and laminating it. And if you want a different color ruler, just print the black and white one on some color construction paper. Thanks for stopping by Tim’s Printables!
Printable Millimeter Ruler PDF – Black & White
Printable Millimeter Ruler PDF – Color
About the Metric System
A few interesting facts about Metric System for parents and teachers to share with their kids:
1. The Metric System was introduced by France in 1799.
2. The metric system is also known as the “International System of Units,” of “SI”
3. The fundamental unit of length in the International System of Units is the Meter. (Metre)
4. Since 1983 the meter has been defined as “The length of the path traveled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299,792,458 of a second.)
5. One centimeter = 0.393701 inch (in.)
6. One inch = 2.54 centimeters (cm)
7. The Metric System is used by all nations of the world except Burma, Liberia and the United States.
8. In the United States the metric system is widely used in the areas of science, military, and industry.
9. A centimeter = 1/100th of a meter
10. The circumference of the Earth at the equator is about 40,075 kilometers.