Hello from Tim’s Printables, your free online resource for printable worksheets, crafts and educational items. The download of the day is a free printable ruler. If you’ve misplaced your ruler but haven’t gotten around to buying a new one, this paper ruler will do the trick. In fact, in some ways this free printable ruler is superior to its metal and plastic counterparts, for this ruler can bend to measure odd surfaces, something a rigid ruler can’t do. This paper ruler comes in either color or black and white. Choose the one you like best. To provide you with the highest quality, I’ve saved each printable as a vector-based PDF. Keep in mind that in order to print a scale version of the ruler, you need to unselect “Scale to Fit” in your printer dialog box.
About the United States Customary Units
Here’s some useful facts about the United States System of Measurement:
1. The US System of units is derived from English units, as system that has its roots in Roman and Anglo-Saxon units.
2. Only the United States, Liberia, and Burma use the United States Customary units.
3. The basic units of measurement in the USA are the inch, foot, yard and mile.
4. One inch = 2.54 centimeters (cm)
5. One centimeter = 0.393701 inch (in.)
6. One foot = 12 inches
7. One yard = 3 feet (36 inches)
8. One mile = 5,280 feet (1760 yards, 63360 inches)
9. The circumference of the Earth at the equator is about 24,901 miles.
10. While the American Customary units are used in the household, the metric system is widely used in the areas of science, military, and industry.